The following diagram is the circuit diagram of Class-D audio power amplifier which built based on power chip TDA8929T.
The power IC TDA8929T is the controller of a two-chip set for a high efficiency class-D audio power amplifier system. The system is divided into two chips:
- TDA8929T; the analog controller chip inside a SO24 package
- TDA8926J/ST/TH or TDA8927J/ST/TH; a digital power stage inside a DBS17P, RDBS17P or HSOP24 power package.
With this chip set a compact 2 ? 50 W or 2 ? 100 W audio amplifier system might be constructed, operating with high efficiency and quite reduced dissipation. No heatsink is needed, or depending on source voltage and load, a really tiny one. The system operates above a wide supply voltage range from ?15 as much as ?30 V and consumes an extremely minimal quiescent current.
- Low distortion
- Fixed gain of 30 dB Single-Ended (SE) or 36 dB Bridge-Tied Load (BTL)
- Operating voltage from ?15 to ?30 V
- Very low quiescent current
- Internal switching frequency can be overruled by an external clock
- No switch-on or switch-off plop noise
- Good ripple rejection
- Diagnostic input for short-circuit and temperature protection
- Usable as a stereo Single-Ended (SE) amplifier or as a mono amplifier in Bridge-Tied Load (BTL)
- Start-up safety test, to protect for short-circuits at the output of the power stage to supply lines
- Electrostatic discharge protection (pin to pin)
The schematic diagram, PCB layout design, characteristic information and the complete explanation about this TDA8929T Class-D Audio Power Amplifier already described in the datasheet document.
Download the TDA8929T datasheet